Invisible reCAPTCHA

I have used v3 in Rapidweaver and I had to do nothing about scores or anything like that, the only thing I needed to provide were the correct keys. Once I generated the keys I have since never been back to the Google site.

Maybe the form developer was handling all of this somehow in the background.

Hi @handshaper,
Yes, v3 of google captcha works on the premise of scoring. If you provided that secret key and it was in the js, then every spammer will use your form for nefarious purposes :wink:

This is the tradeoff, I might be able to build a new bric, but it will have score settings and you will need to regularly check your google admin account to see how many form requests are being denied, based on your current setting. So, if you and a bunch of others, want less ‘friction’ for visitors, but are willing to do more maintenance work, then I can put it on the to do list.

@Bill
Hi Bill.
Can this be set to have no user interaction, i.e click the 'I’m not a robot" box without selecting boxes from images?

Yes, it possible to use the older google ‘checkbox’ captcha. That might be another direction to go as well.

2 Likes

Please sendme the brin Kuiyibo@gmail please

For those considering Invisible reCAPTCHA: In the last month or so, I’ve been getting reports of Google changing the way their script works and it is often submitting w/o an image prompt. Your mileage may vary. Note: I will in the coming months, try to develop a better solution.

For current clients: well, I can’t give a refund, but I will try to work something out.

Thanks, Bill
BricsDesign

2 Likes

Any updates on this? Is there a way to add recaptcha on a form? Was going to buy but don’t see an update.

No, sorry. I’m just slammed w/ other commitments, but I haven’t forgotten and I have a good idea on what it will be.

Thanks, Bill

3 Likes

Is there anyway to ad Re captcha? You would think that most of us would want it on our forms. Or add any anti spam measures to forms?

Hi @Bill. If you do get around to updating your reCAPTCHA bric or develop another solution to offer BlocsApp users, then I’d be very interested to hear about it. I hadn’t realised that the current version seems to have stopped working. Only discovered that today, when I tried to incorporate your reCAPTCHA bric into a client site that I’ve been redeveloping. It’s a shame, as yours was a neat and simple offering.

1 Like

Hello @Bill i am also very interested in recaptcha and blocs Solution
Thanks to inform us about the status

Hi @Bill

I was just going to make the purchase and I see this screen

Does this means that brick does not work any more as shown in the video demonstration or I will be still be able to use it

thanks

@anon34927337 I’ve been getting reports of Google changing the way their script works and it is often submitting w/o an image prompt. Your mileage may vary - sorry.

Bill
BricsDesign

@anon34927337 No, afraid not.

Bill
BricsDesign

Does this still exist?
If so, does it work with the Blocs v5?

Hi @KBConcepts

Invisible reCAPTCHA has been retired and has been replaced by DeSpam

Bill
BricsDesign

2 Likes